Is Something Bugging You (and Your Lawn)?
Not unlike when pests seek shelter during the fall or winter, they'll also seek shelter in times of excessive heat and little moisture. Now is a perfect time to take the steps necessary to pest-proof your home:
- Install door sweeps or thresholds at the base of all entry doors; pay close attention to the bottom corners of doors
- Garage doors should be fitted with a bottom seal constructed of rubber.
- Seal utility openings-outdoor faucets, gas meters, clothes dryer vents, wire-with caulk, urethane expandable foam, steel wool, copper mesh, etc.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors, fascia boards, etc. with a good quality silicone or acrylic latex caulk.
- Install 1/4" wire mesh over attic, roof and crawl space vents to prevent birds, bats, squirrels, rodents and wildlife from entering.